It’s super. It’s regional. It’s the super regional round.
There are 16 teams left in the running for a bid to the 2023 College World Series as the NCAA baseball tournament continues this week. There are plenty of heavy hitters left in the field, led by No. 1 national seed Wake Forest.
The Demon Deacons steamrolled through the regional round, outscoring opponents 48-7 in three games. They don’t face a light opponent in the super regionals, though; Alabama went 3-0 in the regional round after limping through the SEC tournament.
On the other end of the spectrum, Oral Roberts played like anything but a No. 4 seed in the Auburn region, going undefeated and keeping its winning streak alive. The Golden Eagles are winners of 21 games in a row, and that’s helped punch their first ticket to the super regional round since 2006.
Baseball powerhouses remain in the super regional round. Here’s everything you need to know about catching the next step on the road to the College World Series:
When are NCAA baseball tournament super regionals?
- Date: Friday, June 9 through Monday, June 12
The 2023 NCAA baseball tournament super regional round is set to get underway on Friday, June 9, with more series set for first pitch on Saturday, June 10.
Each team plays in a best-of-three series, with the winner advancing to the
NCAA baseball tournament super regional hosts
The full field is as follows, with the host city preceding the matchup.
- Winston-Salem, N.C.: Wake Forest (1) vs. Alabama (16)
- Gainesville, Fla.: Florida (2) vs. South Carolina (15)
- Baton Rouge, La.: LSU (5) vs. Kentucky (12)
- Charlottesville, Va.: Virginia (7) vs. Duke
- Stanford, Calif.: Stanford (8) vs. Texas
- Fort Worth, Texas: Indiana State (14) vs. TCU
- Eugene, Or.: Oregon vs. Oral Roberts
- Hattiesburg, Miss.: Southern Miss vs. Tennessee
How to watch NCAA baseball super regionals
- TV channel: ESPN family of networks
- Live stream: ESPN+, Fubo
While the full schedule for the super regional round will be released on Tuesday at 10 a.m. ET, ESPN is the exclusive home to the NCAA Baseball tournament. The ESPN family of networks carries the entirety of the 2023 NCAA Baseball tournament super regional series.
For those who want to live stream the tournament, there are a few options. ESPN’s proprietary streaming service, ESPN+, will carry select games.
For cord-cutters, Fubo carries the ESPN family of networks, meaning all televised games can be viewed using the streaming service. Fubo also offers a free trial.
Here’s the schedule for the upcoming super regional round:
(All times Eastern)
Winston-Salem super regional
No. 1 Wake Forest (52-10) vs. No. 16 Alabama (43-21)
- Game 1: Wake Forest 5, Alabama 4 (Wake Forest leads 1-0)
- Game 2: Wake Forest 22, Alabama 5 (Wake Forest wins series 2-0)
Gainesville super regional
No. 2 Florida (50-15) vs. No. 15 South Carolina (42-21)
- Game 1: Florida 5, South Carolina 4 (Florida leads 1-0)
- Game 2: Florida 4, South Carolina 0 (Florida wins series 2-0)
Baton Rouge super regional
No. 5 LSU (48-15) vs. No. 12 Kentucky (40-21)
- Game 1: LSU 14, Kentucky 5 (LSU leads 1-0)
- Game 2: LSU 8, Kentucky 3 (LSU wins series 2-0)
Charlottesville super regional
No. 7 Virginia (50-13) vs. Duke (39-24)
- Game 1: Duke 5, Virginia 4 (Duke leads 1-0)
- Game 2: Virginia 14, Duke 4 (Series tied 1-1)
- Game 3: Virginia 12, Duke 2 (Virginia wins series 2-1)
Stanford super regional
No. 8 Stanford (42-18) vs. Texas (42-20)
- Game 1: Texas 7, Stanford 5 (Texas leads 1-0)
- Game 2: Stanford 8, Texas 3 (Series tied 1-1)
- Game 3: Monday, June 12, 8 p.m., ESPN2, Fubo
Fort Worth super regional
TCU (42-22) vs. No. 14 Indiana State (45-17)
- Game 1: TCU 4, Indiana State 1 (TCU leads 1-0)
- Game 2: TCU 6, Indiana State 4 (TCU wins series 2-0)
Eugene super regional
Oregon (41-22) vs. Oral Roberts (51-12)
- Game 1: Oregon 9, Oral Roberts 8
- Game 2: Oral Roberts 8, Oregon 7 (Series tied 1-1)
- Game 3: Oral Roberts 11, Oregon 6 (Oral Roberts wins series 2-1)
Hattiesburg super regional
Southern Miss (46-19) vs. Tennessee (42-20)
- Game 1: Southern Miss 4, Tennessee 0, 5th inn., susp.
- Game 1: Southern Miss 5, Tennessee 3 (Southern Miss leads 1-0)
- Game 2: Tennessee 8, Southern Mississippi 4 (Series tied 1-1)
- Game 3: Monday, June 12, 6 p.m., ESPN2, Fubo
College World Series schedule 2023
- Super regionals: June 9-12
- College World Series: Friday, June 16 through Monday, June 26 (if necessary)
The 76th annual College World Series is set for first pitch on Friday, June 16. Eight teams will play in a two-bracket, double-elimination tournament to determine the final two squads who will face off for all the marbles.
All games will be played at Charles Schwab Field in Omaha, Neb. This marks the 73rd time Omaha is hosting the CWS.
Published at Mon, 12 Jun 2023 04:34:00 +0000